HEALTHY FITNESS 4 LIFE
Fat Loss Tips
- Limit your intake of processed foods. Instead, consume more carbs in the form of whole grains, veggies, fruits, beans and nuts.
- Eat smaller and more frequent meals to keep your metabolism humming and to reduce the urge of over-eating at any given time.
- Increase your lean protein consumption to support lean muscle mass and boost your metabolism. (Ex. egg white, chicken and turkey breast, lean red meat)
- Reduce your liquid calories (sodas, fruit juices).
- Drink plenty of water - minimum of eight glasses (8 oz. ea.) per day.
- Eat more fiber. It keeps you feeling fuller longer and water-soluble fiber (found in oatmeal, apples and beans) absorbs fat from your digestive tract, moving it through your system quickly enough to diminish your body's ability to digest fat.
- Consume starchy carbs (bread, rice, oatmeal, potatoes) earlier in the day and water-rich carbs (tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, lettuce) later in the day.
- Both exercise and proper nutrition are necessary for successful weight loss.
- Reduce/eliminate the amount of fast-food intake.
- Eat slower to avoid outracing your body's fullness signals.
- Eat plenty of fish (salmon, halibut, shellfish). They contain healthy fats and have been linked to fat loss.
- Avoid hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils (trans fat - the worst kind).
- Avoid the "fat-free" and "carb-free" trap. Such foods are highly engineered (contain a lot of chemicals) and often have as much fat due to fat and carb replacements - very unnatural.
- Reduce your sugar intake and avoid foods containing sugar and/or High Fructose Corn Syrup (“HFCS”) in the first three ingredients. HFCS has been linked to weight gain.